Sunday, April 4, 2010

What happened to blue laws???

As I have warned follower's before...this is a bitch session. What happened to the blue laws? There was a time when retailer's had to be closed on Sundays and just about every major holiday. I, of course, had to work today being that I have chosen the retail lifestyle for a profession. Now I don't mind working on Sunday's, I just wish that people that shop on Sunday acted like they have a little sense and a little respect to employees that would truly rather be off than listening to unhappy shoppers. My store closed at 6:00pm today. These hours have been posted for the better part of two weeks and yet multiple asshole customers show up just after 6:00pm complaining that we should be open. Why on earth would we close our doors a little earlier than normal to allow our employees a little extra time to spend with their loved ones on a holiday. One customer in particular was so mad that he was threatening to shop at our competitor from now on. Good bye and good riddance. We were open from 9-6pm today and if you couldn't take time out of your busy schedule to show up during our holiday hours, we open back up tomorrow at 6:00am. If you don't like it, tough shit...like I said at the beginning...What ever happened to the blue laws???

No comments:

Post a Comment