Saturday, February 27, 2010

Van Halen 2K9

Van Halen, quite possibly one of the greatest rock bands of all time with what many consider the greatest guitarist of all time, Eddie Van Halen has forgotten where they come from. I have been a fan of this band for as long as I can remember. Through the Roth Years, the Hagar years and the Cherone years. My high school days included many nights rocking out to classic Roth era Van Halen and loving every alcohol induced minute of it. Now on to my rant...As you probably know I am a gamer when I have down time and I am a fan of the Rockband and Guitar Hero games. So a couple of nights ago my wife and I are playing Guitar Hero Van Halen. Now this game has a ton of classic Roth era hits. After about a hour of playing, my wife suddenly notices that Michael Anthony is not in the game. At first I think "no big deal", but then, for some reason, I start thinking that Michael Anthony stood by EVH's side throughout the years and now good ole' Eddie is acting like Mikey was never in the band. That is absolute B.S.! Now I have nothing against Wolfgang because no doubt in my mind he will be an excellent musician, but Jesus, he wasn't even a thought when these classic hits were even written. Eddie has truly taken his hatred too far. So what if Mikey and Hagar are buddies. He was there when your band name was Mammoth. He deserves a little respect and the fact that he, along with Hagar, were the only representatives to show up for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction. How about a public apology and some recognition for the bassist that supported you throughout the years? Just a shame. Maybe that is one of the reasons that I want Chickenfoot to be successful...Now I'm gonna listen to some classic VH and try to forget about the present and remember the past. Now, Where Have All The Good Times Gone???

No comments:

Post a Comment